8 Reasons Why ... to be a Chiropractor
When I finally found something I was passionate enough about to dedicate my life to I found my reasons to keep going. I'm sure I will share some not fun parts of my journey on this blogventure, but until we get into those reasons here are 8 reasons why I can't wait to be a ChiropracTOR!
PS. You might notice some things that seem to be spelled wrong. Don't worry. There is a reason. 😊
1) Love Helping People
From the time I was a youngster I have always loved helping other people. Whether my job was at an accounting firm or a dental office, what got me out of bed every day was how what I did improved the life of someone else. Now, I go to class, excited, knowing that I am learning how to help people in what I believe to be one of the most powerful ways possible.

3) Our bodies are a beautifully connected living machine
Right now as you are reading this your body is actively repairing and creating new cells constantly. Even the tiniest part of you is working to keep you alive. Each and every one of those cells whether directly or indirectly gets it's orders on what to do from your brain through your nervous system. I get the opportunity to learn how to make sure your spine isn't keeping that very nervous system from working at 100%.
4) Sickness is not normal
It seems like I see more posts on facebook every day about sickness, especially children, than just about anything else these days (Observation Bias?). Just because we see it all the time doesn't mean that being ill is the best way we can be living. We didn't get these super cool self healing bodies just so they could be working overtime fighting off our environments. I wonder what we can do to help these machines we got work better? (You know, like when I put full synthetic oil and premium gas in my Mini so it would run better?)
5) Unconditional Value
Some of us do crazy things to take care of our pets. A few of you know the crazy things I have done to take care of pets I wasn't responsible for. That is because I hold a belief that all life has value. Animals are more complex than plants and humans, the most complex of the animals, get a little extra value in my book. This means that no matter what you look like, where you come from, or what you did in your past, YOU have value.
6) Nothing is greater than love
Love is a gift we all have within us. We can chose to base our decisions from that love, or fear. I bet most of you could guess where I first heard this concept. That same chiropractic conference. The cool thing about chiropracTIC (WHAT I GET TO DO!!! 😁) is really LOVE our patients. My goal is to help each person I get to touch express their life to the fullest.
7) Philosophy
If I believe the premise that our bodies are amazing machines that work constantly to adapt us to the environment we put ourselves in and that our nervous system is the main organ of adaptation to said environment? Then, we should be putting our bodies in the best environment we can, have our nervous system checked, and any interference removed. Most of us can agree that spending money on proper dental hygiene and car maintenance can save money on more unexpected expenses in the future. The same principle applies to our nervous system. It should be checked regularly to make sure it isn't being interfered with by a spine we try to bend the wrong way all day long.
8) Give, Love, Serve
ChiropracTIC is not just about what a doctor can do for you. It is a lifestyle that we are called upon to adopt if we truly believe this philosophy that our profession was founded on. I get to have a career where my "job" is to serve others. My hands can give people the gift of improving the function of their nervous system.
Until A few weeks ago if you had asked me why I wanted to be a chiropractor my quick response would have been: "Help people live their lives to the fullest, as naturally as possible."
PS. You might notice some things that seem to be spelled wrong. Don't worry. There is a reason. 😊
1) Love Helping People
From the time I was a youngster I have always loved helping other people. Whether my job was at an accounting firm or a dental office, what got me out of bed every day was how what I did improved the life of someone else. Now, I go to class, excited, knowing that I am learning how to help people in what I believe to be one of the most powerful ways possible.

2) Nothing is bigger than life
Life is the one thing, if nothing else, that we have in common with everything. I saw this statement at a chiropractic conference that I attended when I worked for the first chiropractor who ever took the time to explain to me what chiropracTIC really was. Hint: it isn't just about making someone's pain go away.
3) Our bodies are a beautifully connected living machine
Right now as you are reading this your body is actively repairing and creating new cells constantly. Even the tiniest part of you is working to keep you alive. Each and every one of those cells whether directly or indirectly gets it's orders on what to do from your brain through your nervous system. I get the opportunity to learn how to make sure your spine isn't keeping that very nervous system from working at 100%.
4) Sickness is not normal
It seems like I see more posts on facebook every day about sickness, especially children, than just about anything else these days (Observation Bias?). Just because we see it all the time doesn't mean that being ill is the best way we can be living. We didn't get these super cool self healing bodies just so they could be working overtime fighting off our environments. I wonder what we can do to help these machines we got work better? (You know, like when I put full synthetic oil and premium gas in my Mini so it would run better?)5) Unconditional Value
Some of us do crazy things to take care of our pets. A few of you know the crazy things I have done to take care of pets I wasn't responsible for. That is because I hold a belief that all life has value. Animals are more complex than plants and humans, the most complex of the animals, get a little extra value in my book. This means that no matter what you look like, where you come from, or what you did in your past, YOU have value.
6) Nothing is greater than love
Love is a gift we all have within us. We can chose to base our decisions from that love, or fear. I bet most of you could guess where I first heard this concept. That same chiropractic conference. The cool thing about chiropracTIC (WHAT I GET TO DO!!! 😁) is really LOVE our patients. My goal is to help each person I get to touch express their life to the fullest.
7) Philosophy
If I believe the premise that our bodies are amazing machines that work constantly to adapt us to the environment we put ourselves in and that our nervous system is the main organ of adaptation to said environment? Then, we should be putting our bodies in the best environment we can, have our nervous system checked, and any interference removed. Most of us can agree that spending money on proper dental hygiene and car maintenance can save money on more unexpected expenses in the future. The same principle applies to our nervous system. It should be checked regularly to make sure it isn't being interfered with by a spine we try to bend the wrong way all day long.
8) Give, Love, Serve
ChiropracTIC is not just about what a doctor can do for you. It is a lifestyle that we are called upon to adopt if we truly believe this philosophy that our profession was founded on. I get to have a career where my "job" is to serve others. My hands can give people the gift of improving the function of their nervous system.
Until A few weeks ago if you had asked me why I wanted to be a chiropractor my quick response would have been: "Help people live their lives to the fullest, as naturally as possible."
Then, I had the interesting experience of having 2 grand mall seizures. More on this story later, but a little teaser never hurt 😉



Comments
Post a Comment